Tips to improve indoor air comfort
- Do not block supply or return vents with furniture.
- Keep interior doors open if the room has no return duct.
- Attic insulation should be at least R38.
- Keep furnace filters clean.
- Have equipment inspected annually.
- Have ducts professionally sealed with Aeroseal.
- If your HVAC equipment is over 10 years old, consider upgrading to higher efficiency equipment.
- You should have a carbon monoxide and leak detector in key locations.
- Use exhaust fans when showering or cooking.
- You should have a U.V. light to kill mold, mildew, and bacteria.
- Install a dehumidifier in your basement.
- When running your A/C system, keep the blower in the furnace running constantly.
- Call Official to claim your FREE home evaluation. We specialize in solving home comfort issues.
If you have HVAC questions, call 800-350-HVAC (4822), email firstname.lastname@example.org, or check out our FAQ page!