Mini Split Heat Pump Repairs
Regular Maintenance Keeps You Comfortable in Crystal Lake, IL and Northern Illinois
If you have a ductless mini split heat pump in your Illinois home that is not performing as it should, contact Official Heating & Air Conditioning. We boast over 10 years of experience and factory training to professionally repair any brand of mini split heat pumps. Our team of EPA certified, licensed technicians, are dedicated to providing timely and precise repair services to ensure that your HVAC system runs smoothly.
Don’t wait until it’s too late and you’re left with a malfunctioning unit. Have peace of mind knowing that our team is here to provide the best service possible so you can enjoy comfortable temperatures in your home year-round. Contact us today for all of your mini split heat pump repair needs in McHenry, Lake, Kane, DuPage or Cook County, IL.
Is It Time for a Mini Split Heat Pump Pro?
Each season, when the temperature begins to change and the need for heating or cooling arises, we often receive several calls regarding ductless heat pump repairs. In many cases, however, what appears to be an issue with the heat pump turns out to be a simple fix that could have been easily solved by the owner. By regularly performing basic maintenance checks such as cleaning filters and checking connections, owners can often avoid emergency repair calls and save time and money.
If your mini split heat pump is still not operating properly after you have checked these items, don’t hesitate to contact our friendly and helpful team. Our team of experienced technicians are available to help diagnose the issue and get your unit running again. We take great pride in providing the highest quality service and going above and beyond for each customer.
- Power Supply:
- Check your circuit breaker for your outdoor unit to ensure that you have not had a nuisance trip and your heat pump system does have power.
- Check the outdoor disconnect typically mounted next to your outdoor unit to ensure that it is “ON”.
- Check your systems controls:
- Check the battery in your hand held remotes and replace them now.
- Make sure that at least one zone is set to “ON” and the desired temperature is set well below ambient for cooling operation, or well above ambient for heating.
- If you are operating in the heat mode, make sure that your system is not in “Defrost” mode. If it is wait a few minutes for your system to complete its defrost cycle.
- If your breaker was off, after turning the power on, give it a few minutes: many systems have a built-in time delay.
- If your system operating, but not performing properly:
- Check your indoor unit filters. If your filters have not been cleaned lately, clean them now.
- If you’re heating, make sure your outdoor unit is free of snow or ice.
What to Expect with Harmonic Heating & Air Conditioning
The Collaboration Phase, We Will…
- Assign a project manager to thoroughly discuss all equipment requirements for your space.
- Present you with accessory and control options to complement your system.
- Collaborate with you to customize equipment to meet your specific needs and budget.
Before We Arrive, Please…
- Remove any valuables from the entry, hallways, and workspace to ensure their safety.
- Clear a safe path to the furnace and A/C to allow for removal and installation.
- Clear stairways, halls, entryways, and equipment closet.
- Clear space around the furnace to allow access and provide adequate workspace.
- Trim bushes, shrubs and trees that impede access to the A/C and related equipment.
- Secure any animals that may try to escape through open doors.
The Day of Your Project, We Will…
- Arrive on time to respect your busy schedule.
- Use tarps to protect your wood floors and carpets.
- Remove all old equipment, scrap metal, garbage, and boxes from new equipment.
- Be happy to address needs you may have to make your space more comfortable.
After the Project, We Will…
- Encourage you to protect your equipment with our Rock*Star Maintenance Program.
- Register all equipment warranties and process all applicable rebates noted on invoice.
- Follow up with you via phone to ensure your complete satisfaction.
- Look for signs of water on the floor or the system not heating and cooling properly.
- If something does not seem right.. please call us with any concerns right away.
Professional Heat Pump Service Problems:
Improper installation is the most common cause of mini split heat pump failures. We know how efficient and comfortable a ductless heat pump system can be, but if it’s improperly sized, or improperly installed, they can disappoint. Service issues can include:
Issues caused by improper installation:
- Improper zone sizing: If an indoor unit is too small it will fail to properly heat or cool in extreme weather. If it is too big, it will cycle on its lowest output and fail to properly dehumidify.
- Condensation Leaks: caused by indoor units installed out of level, or crimped or obstructed condensate lines.
- Refrigerant Loss: due to improper installation or mechanical damage. This will result most commonly in reduced system capacity over time in the first year or two after installation
Issues caused by lack or maintenance or component failure:
- Dirty indoor or outdoor coils
- Changes in heating or cooling capacity over time.
- Noisy operation indoors
- Noisy outdoor unit may indicate a motor, compressor, or reversing system failure.
- Outdoor unit fails to start may be cause by improper wire or breaker sizing, a tripped fuse, or failed outdoor component.
- Indoor zone fails to start may be caused by loose or defective control wiring, or obstructed or failed IR receiver.
Rock Star Ductless Heat Pump Maintenance Program
If your mini-split heat pump is fine today but you want more peace of mind, consider our Rock Star seasonal maintenance program. Either one or twice a year, we’ll schedule a complete system check to ensure your system is ready for the cooling or heating season.