If you can answer “yes” to any of the following questions, then you should have your indoor air evaluated:
- Does anyone in the house have allergies, asthma, or other respiratory problems?
- Does any family member suffer from headaches, nasal congestion or sinus problems?
- Are there any smokers in the house?
- Do you have any pets?
- Do you experience poor airflow from your vents?
- Is a 1″ throwaway filter the only thing that “cleans your air”?
If any of the above apply to you then you should look at the following data.
Indoor Air Quality Facts
FACT – Most people spend 60-90% of their time indoors. (American Lung Association)
FACT – Many illnesses are either caused by or aggravated by polluted indoor air.
FACT – Some hazardous pollutants in indoor air have been found to be up to 70 times greater than in outdoor air. (US EPA)
FACT – Many of the indoor air quality problems involve your HVAC system.
FACT – Children and the elderly are most susceptible to polluted indoor air. (Department of Consumer Affairs)
FACT – Respiratory irritants can circulate within the ducts and enter the living area via the vents. (ALA Health Home)
FACT – Most furnace filters are less than 7% efficient. (ASHRAE)
FACT – Official Heating & Cooling can improve your indoor air quality!